This guide is intended for use with our old SIM (ICCID starting 8944...) which is currently being phased out.
If you have a new SIM with ICCID starting 8943... this should not be required. However if you do need to set up the APN, please replace "mobiledata" with "drei.at".
The steps in this article demonstrate how to manually set up the Access Point Name (APN) on a Teltonika RUT240 router.
- Ensure your laptop, phone or smart device is connected to the router network. The WiFi name, unique to the router (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi key) are printed on a sticker you’ll find on the router.
- Go to your web browser, put the router’s IP address (192.168.1.1) into the address bar and press enter.
- This will bring up the login page for the router, which will request a username and password. The default username is “admin” and the default password is "admin01"
- Once logged in, select "Network" from the top menu bar and then "Mobile" from the submenu
- Now in the APN box, type "mobiledata" and then click save. Please note, that if there is an option for Auto APN, you will have to disable this before being able to type anything in the APN box. Please note: some variants of the Teltonika router require you to select the "Custom" APN tab to enter the APN that way.
- The APN is now set.