The steps in this article demonstrate how to manually set up the Access Point Name (APN) on a Teltonika RUT240 router.
The APN should be set automatically for our SIMs, however if you do find yourself needing to manually set it, please do the following.
- Ensure your laptop, phone or smart device is connected to the router network. The WiFi name, unique to the router (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi key) are printed on a sticker you’ll find on the router.
- Go to your web browser, put the router’s IP address (192.168.1.1) into the address bar and press enter.
- This will bring up the login page for the router, which will request a username and password. The default username is “admin” and the default password is "admin01".
- Once logged in, select "Network" from the top menu bar and then "Mobile" from the submenu.
- Now in the APN box, type "drei.at" making sure it is all in lowercase and then click save. Please note, that if there is an option for Auto APN, you will have to disable this before being able to type anything in the APN box. Please note: some variants of the Teltonika router require you to select the "Custom" APN tab to enter the APN that way.
- The APN is now set.
Please also ensure that the "Deny data roaming" box is not ticked.