Huawei APN Setup
This guide is intended for use with our old SIM (ICCID starting 8944...) which is currently being phased out.
If you have a new SIM with ICCID starting 8943... this should not be required. However if you do need to set up the APN, please replace "mobiledata" with "drei.at".
Please follow this video guide or the steps below to ensure your APN is set correctly;
IMPORTANT: The steps below assume that you are configuring a new and previously unconfigured router. If this is not the case then we advise a hard reset before completing the steps below. If you need to reset, simply push the reset button under the casing on the back of the router.
- Ensure your laptop, phone or smart device is connected to the Huawei MiFi router. The WiFi name, unique to the router (SSID) and password (Wi-Fi key) are printed on a sticker you’ll find underneath the easily removable rear cover, just below the router’s battery.
- Go to your web browser, put the router’s IP address (192.168.8.1) into the address bar and press enter.
- This will bring up the login page for the router, which will request a username and password. Type “admin” – all lowercase, no caps – for both the username and the password. Now click “Log In”.
- On the next screen tick the “Auto-download” box and click “Next”.
- On the next screen, it will show the router ID name of the router, leave this as is for now and click “Next”.
- You will next be asked to modify the password you just entered. Start by entering the current password, which was “admin”. You must then enter a new password and re-confirm that password, then click “Finish”. Please take care to remember this new password and keep it safe.
- You will next come to the Huawei home screen where you will notice the chosen mobile network name and below that the word “Disconnected”. To change this to “Connected”, you need to enter the APN.
- In the top menu bar click on “Settings”. Then on the left-hand menu bar click “Dial-up” and then below that click “Profile Management”.
- On the Profile Management page click on “New Profile”.
- You will see four empty text boxes. In the Profile Name box enter “BBGo”. Leave the username and password boxes blank. In the APN box enter “mobiledata” and then click “Apply”
- That’s it, your APN has been set up! Click “Home” on the top menu to check your operator network status now says “Connected”.
- Please note. You may receive the following message: “Data connections are disabled while roaming. To access the network, enable data roaming.” If so, data roaming needs to be enabled on your Huawei router. This is simple. Just find the “menu” button located on the top of the router, press it 7 times and then press the power button once. This will activate data roaming so you are now online!